LED lamps have many advantages, from their long service life, high energy efficiency to low maintenance costs. But that’s not all: Intelligent light management, precise light control and other new control options open up many possibilities to create the perfect atmospheric lighting. Integrated into a smart home concept, the home becomes an oasis of wellness.
Mix it up: LEDs with that certain something
An atmospheric room design is especially appealing in the dark, wintery seasons. This is how it works:
- Create a cosy atmosphere with atmospheric lighting by combining basic lighting and accent lighting.
- For example, choose a ceiling light, multiple sconces, or other indirect light sources for optimal lighting in the living room.
- First of all, set the basic light. We recommend bulbs with a dimming option, so the brightness is easy to adjust to suit the individual mood. Or how about LED living room lamps with a remote control and colour changer, which can be controlled easily from the chair?
- With a few indirect light sources, you also create visual highlights that liven up the space. Warm white light with a medium brightness is recommended here, for example LED lamps with 2,700 Kelvin.
- For example, create a relaxed backlight with a flexible LED strip integrated into furniture or placed in the room like a string of lights. An added bonus is it’s easy to arrange as it adapts to all surfaces. The result is only a very low heat, so there is no problem with proximity to wood or sensitive objects.
Intelligent light management with one click
A harmonious interior is only half the battle. For absolute well-being at home, optimum light conditions are vital at any time and in any room.
Light can have an influence on wellbeing: blue has a calming effect on the body and mind, red symbolises strength and joie de vivre, and yellow is a real feel-good booster. Certain light colours are better for the kitchen and bathroom, others are suitable for study rooms, hobby rooms or bedrooms.
The good news with the new LED lighting systems is you no longer have to choose a single light colour. Experience maximum flexibility with smart LED lamps, which are easy to adjust through the app or voice control. You can change brightness and colours via an app, which also remembers entire light settings. Simulate dawn in the bedroom or create as natural a light as possible for work.
While classic lamps are limited to manual operation via a light switch, smart LED lamps are controlled remotely.
The home under control
Adjust the temperature in the living room from the office for a cuddly-warm reception when you get home after work or turn off the light via voice assistant on your iPad. All of this is possible with the Apple HomeKit.
It’s easy to integrate HomeKit compatible accessories. An LED, for example, simply screwed into the lamp socket can be installed on the app and programmed accordingly. In addition to a variety of mood colours, there is the possibility to automate the light too. For example, all lights can be turned off automatically as soon as you leave the house or dimmed slowly in the evening.
The whole thing works quite simply with an Apple HomeKit compatible radiotor controller as well. So, the room temperature is controlled easily based on presence, rules or scenes automatically.
Cover picture: Fotolia, # 179452885, Jonathan Schöps