SIGMA 883954 :: Macro 18 - 250 mm 3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM for Canon
Item-No.: SIGMA 883954
Category of goods: 0
18-250mm F3.5-6,3 DC Makro OS HSM / Canon
- Minimum focusing distance
- 35 cm
SIGMA 18 - 250 mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
The redesigned 18-250-mm travel zoom from SIGMA now also comes with a macro function — whether it's a wide-angle shot up close or something small rendered large, with the 13.8x zoom you will not miss anything.
Could there be even more? It would be hard to find a broader package in a compact super zoom lens. The new, fundamentally redesigned high-performance super zoom from SIGMA will serve you even better. Thanks to the enormous focal range and even better features of the SIGMA travel zoom, you will be equipped for most photographic subjects and will rarely need to change your lens. It is therefore the ideal companion on any trip, but you will also enjoy landscape, sports and macro photography with the new all-purpose lens.
The new macro capability and a minimum focusing distance of only 35 cm over the entire focal range will give you a larger magnification ratio of 1:2.9. The size and framing of the subject can be adjusted easily by rotating the zoom ring. The magnification ratio achieved, depending on the focal length set, is written conveniently on the lens barrel.
The new material "TSC" (Thermally Stable Composite), which maintains its structure and has little contractility especially at varying temperatures, is incorporated into the lens barrel for the first time. Compared to the conventional polycarbonate, TSC has approximately 25% higher elasticity. As a result of the low thermal shrinkage, the material has a high affinity to metal parts, which contributes to high-quality product manufacturing. TSC also allows components such as the focusing or zoom ring to be made thinner.
New TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) material
The lens is equipped with SIGMA's own optical stabiliser (OS) function. It provides an effective compensation of up to 4 stops, which significantly increases the opportunities for hand-holding the camera, even for macro shots, where even slight blur is easily identified. When photographing moving subjects, such as motor sport, the OS automatically detects camera movement (panning) and provides effective correction for camera shake.
*The effectiveness of the OS decreases gradually as the shooting distance becomes shorter.
*Sony and Pentax mounts do not have the OS function.
SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction of chromatic aberration. Three aspherical lenses including a double-sided aspherical lens, together with the latest manufacturing methods, prevent and correct all types of aberrations, including astigmatism, resulting in high image quality over the entire focal range.
From an early stage, the susceptibility to flare and ghosting is thoroughly tested in order to achieve a design that is resistant even in strong backlit conditions. Our modern Super Multi-Layer coating reduces flare and ghosting to a minimum and enables sharp, high-contrast images even in unfavourable backlit conditions. The supplied tulip lens hood blocks out all extraneous light coming from the side that can lead to internal reflections and thus would reduce image quality.
The HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures fast and quiet focusing.
What you should know is that Sigma lenses are fitted with a solid and accurate brass bayonet mount, which is the same as that of the camera body. The special surface treatment to reinforce its strength allows you to get many years of use out of this high-quality lens.
• Focal length: 18 - 250 mm
• Light intensity: F 3.5 - 6.3
• Camera mount HSM: CA, NA, PA, SA, SO
• Camera mount OS: CA, NA, SA
• Lens properties: DC, ASP, HSM, IF, OS
• Aperture ring Nikon mount: no
• Suitable for converter: no
• Angle of view (diagonal): 76.5° - 6.5°
• Lens construction (elements/groups): 16 elements in 13 groups
• Number of aperture blades: 7
• Minimum aperture: F 22
• Minimum focusing distance: 35 cm
• Maximum magnification: 1:2.9
• Filter size: 62 mm
• Dimensions (diameter x length): approx. 73.5 x 88.6 mm
• Weight: approx. 470 g
• Supplied accessories: Front lens cap, rear lens cap, LH680-04 (tulip-shaped)
• DC: Stunning picture quality and light reflections between the sensor and the rear lens element are suppressed.
• HSM Hyper-Sonic Motor: This technology gives you very fast, accurate and virtually silent auto-focusing.
• Optical stabiliser (OS): Allows you to hand-hold your camera at shutter speeds 3 - 4 stops slower than usual without camera shake.
Manufacturer : SIGMA
Factory number : 883954
Package weight : 0.662 kg
RoHS : conform
- Minimum focusing distance
- 35 cm